Friday, August 19, 2011

ArtOrder Story Extraction Challenge Flesh Pallet


I thought I'd show you what I meant in my last post about the paint strings. Here is the photo of the pallet I'm currently useing for the male head. On the right is my value stick, something I made for myself some time ago. On the left is the globs of Grey, Yellow Ochre, Terra Rosa. In the middle is my paint patches to try and get the values right. The left paint patch is of Indian Red which I'll most likely use for lips nose and ears later on in the process. Trying to find the value of a colour is something that I've yet to achieve with remote success. With my reds above I have found I'm a little off the mark after looking at them through photoshop, my Yellow Ochre appears to be right....at least that's something I guess ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment