Sunday, January 12, 2014

To Mimic an Illustrator

Part of my diploma assignment for illustration was to capture the essence and style of any two illustrators of my choosing. First I had to copy seven illustrations of the chosen artist, then draw another seven combining elements of the first set of seven, and then finally create seven originals with the elements and style of the artist. Basically the last seven should be competent forgeries. The tutors were that impressed with my outcome they asked me if they could use my assignment as a student example on their website. Needless to say I was rather chuffed about it all as this is a very uncommon thing to be asked of.
So below is the final illustrations of the assignment. The first illustrator I mimicked was Shaun Tan.

























No comments:

Post a Comment