Saturday, May 7, 2011

Preliminry Sketch for Eowyn and the Nazgul





Here is the preliminary sketch for the Eowyn vs. the Nazgal. As you can see it looks a little bare without the details but I'm not concerned at this point, as I can add that later in as I go. The main compositional elements are there for me to begin.




The next step is to take my drawing and transfer it to my oil sketch paper(Canson). I'm fortunate to have a huge light box which was an old cigarette advertising display. I've had this packed carefully away for several years untill I had room to put it somewhere, now it's in my "studio"...if you could call it that :D




The last step before the real fun starts is the underpainting. Here I use burnt sienna, I've always used this because I love it for it's warm undertones, especially under flesh colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment