Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Capt. Hook Portrait

My wife had bought an old ornate oval picure frame which had been guilded in gold. She found it at the local op-shop for $4, What a bargin!!! Even though some of the gold has worn off, it is still a very nice frame. She reqested that I do a portrait painting with a victorian theme with curly hair. So in the end I decided to paint Jason Issacs in the character of Captain Hook from Peter Pan. I wanted to paint in a more painterly style this time round so it's a little different how I would normally paint. I enjoyed the challenge of this one and I hope you enjoy looking at the result.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks mate, I'm slowly improving. You and I will have to catch up with one another, it's been to long since we've had a chat.

    ReplyDelete